SIPSA shares the experience acquired at one of its major customers, the key achievements and the main indicators obtained.
This Case centers on the adoption of automating the entire testing process as a new business strategy within a development project where technology plays an essential role.
The key Decisions were based on:
- Selecting TAST as the Test Automation Tool.
- The incorporation of a test automation factory (the “Bugbusters” team) that, using TAST, allowed us to progress in the definition and the execution of test cases in parallel to the development and integration of the Software.
The description of the project and of the automated testing processes are as follows:
- Provides Support for a new and ambitious business strategy.
- Cloud-based solution, with multiple integrations to corporate systems, including legacy systems.
- Extensive use of Web interface and Web Services based on APIs, as well as digital services.
- Agile model fully implemented and managed.
- Intensive use of CD / CI and DevOps.
DESCRIPTION OF THE AUTOMATED TEST PROCESSES.
- Functional Tests.
- Integration Tests (API´s and End-to-End Test).
- Digital Documentation Verification Tests.
- Regression Tests.
- Load Tests.
- Acceptance Tests.
- The SUT (System Under Test) includes; Web Systems, Web Services, Databases, Mobile Services, Document Generation (PDF & Excel).
- System Test (front-office and back-office processes).
KEY INDICATORS AND EXPERIENCES OBTAINED
- TAST has successfully demonstrated its adaptation to all the environments specified.
- The incorporation of a Test Automation Factory has ensured the timely execution of the Tests within each Sprint according to the SCRUM model.
- It is recognised as key to the implementation of the CD/CI DevOps Model.
- To date, we have reached 65% automation in the Tests carried out and expect to meet the 90% objective established for this Project.